Carrot and Raisin Muffins Healthy
Sweet raisins and carrots marry well in this snack-sized bite for a quick breakfast or afternoon tea.
- 260 g (2 cups) whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cinnamon stick, or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 g (1 piece) fresh ginger root, or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 allspice berries, or ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 whole cloves, or ⅛ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 100 g (⅔ cup) raisins
- 90 g (1 medium) carrot, halved
- 60 ml (¼ cup) egg substitute, or 2 large eggs
- 60 ml (¼ cup) water
- 240 ml (1 cup) applesauce
- 100 g (10 ) dates, pitted
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Place flour, baking soda, and powder in a medium-size mixing bowl and stir lightly. Set aside.
- Place carrots, egg substitute, dates, water, spices and applesauce into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds until thick and creamy.
- Pour flour mixture into the container and secure the lid. Select Variable 8. Pulse ingredients 8 -10 times using the tamper to press the ingredients toward the blade. Pour mixture into a bowl and add raisins and fold to combine. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, then serve.
Measuring the flour by weight makes for a more exact recipe and better results. These can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 1 month.
|Serving Size||75 g (1 servings)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|