Frozen Abuelita Drink
Coffee, tequila, and chocolate get a spicy kick thanks to two kinds of chilli powder, making this frozen drink both hot and cool.
- 120 ml (4 fluidounces) Patrón XO Cafe
- 60 ml (2 fluidounces) Sauza Hornitos
- 15 ml (½ fluidounce) Patrón Citronage
- 90 ml (⅓ cup) thickened cream
- 60 ml (¼ cup) chocolate sauce, or cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ancho chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 130 g (1 cup) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds until smooth and thick.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Frozen Abuelita Drink is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by cmcrummer from Mexican version I haven't tried this, but as I live in Mexico, seems natural to substitute a half tablet of Abuelita chocolate for the chocolate syrup etc...and to use Mezcal instead of tequila.
Date published: 2020-07-01