Chicken and Burdock Dumpling
Making dumplings is a fun family activity. Try making multiple batches and freezing leftovers for later use.
- 300 g (2 ) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 170 g (1 cup) silken tofu, drained
- 10 g (1 piece) fresh ginger root, peeled
- 30 g potato starch
- 1 Tablespoon sake
- 35 g (1 stalk) burdock root, peeled and chopped
- 50 g (½ ) leek, white parts only, chopped
- ½ carrot
- 34 gyoza wrappers
- Add all ingredients to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 9. Pulse the machine 15 to 20 times or until the meat mixture is fully combined.
- Fill a goyza wrapper with 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon of the meat mixture and seal. Repeat with remaining filling.
- To cook, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 12 dumplingsto skillet. Cook about 1 minute or until dumplings are golden brown on the bottom; do notturn dumplings. Add 1/2 cup water to skillet and cover skillet with a lid. Steam dumplings 3 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook until remaining water cooks away. Cook 1 minute longer after water has evaporated; do not overbrown. Remove dumplings from skillet and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining dumplings.
|Serving Size||6 dumplings|
|Amount Per Servings|