All-in-One Summer Garden Salad
Summer salads have never been easier! Using fresh vegetables and herbs from your garden, whip up a tasty herb-vinaigrette and toss with your shredded vegetables all in the same bowl, saving you time and dishes to clean.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sherry vinegar
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup (12 g) fresh parsley leaves, packed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 cups (60 g) kale (or arugula, spinach)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 (200 g) zucchini, ends trimmed
- 2 (400 g) summer squash, ends trimmed
- 1 cup (140 g) cherry tomatoes, sliced
1. Place all ingredients except for the squash, zucchini, and tomatoes into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid.
2. Start the machine and allow ingredients to process for about 1 minute, or until smooth. Remove the lid and the Multi-Use Blade, fitting the Work Bowl with the Thin Slicing Blade.
3. Using the Small Food Chute and the Thin Slicing Blade, press the squash and zucchini through using the Small Food Pusher until all are sliced into the bowl.
4. Remove the lid and blade and fold in the sliced cherry tomatoes. Stir the salad together and pour into your desired serving bowl, serving immediately.
This recipe can be customized to your liking with anything from your garden - use whatever combination of herbs you like for the vinaigrette, and shred whatever vegetables you may have to go in the salad - cucumbers, peppers, or even fold some freshly chopped lettuce into the mix at the end.