Black Bean, Corn and Cilantro Salad
A bright mix of black beans, corn, tomatoes and cilantro, this refreshing salad is dressed with a blend of oil and vinegar, garlic, and a touch of honey.
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) sherry vinegar
- ¾ cup (180 ml) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon honey, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place vinegar, olive oil, garlic and honey into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place black beans, corn, tomatoes, and cilantro in a bowl, Drizzle blended vinaigrette over vegetables and toss to combine.
Vinaigrette should be slightly acidic to the taste when eaten alone. It will mellow when combined with other ingredients. Double this vinaigrette and reserve for other salads during the week. Add herbs and spices to the vinaigrette to create your own concoction. A traditional vinaigrette is 1 part vinegar to 2-3 parts oil. Remembering this ratio will help you have a successful blend every time. When using garlic, onions, or other aromatic ingredients, start with small quanitities and adjust to taste as the blending process will intensify these flavors.