Black Bean, Corn and Cilantro Salad
A bright mix of black beans, corn, tomatoes and cilantro, this refreshing salad is dressed with a blend of oil and vinegar, garlic, and a touch of honey.
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) sherry vinegar
- ¾ cup (180 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 29 ounces (850 g) black beans, canned
- 2 ears of corn, cut off cob
- 3 roma tomatoes
- ½ cup (20 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- Place vinegar, olive oil, garlic and honey into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place black beans, corn, tomatoes, and cilantro in a bowl, Drizzle blended vinaigrette over vegetables and toss to combine.
Vinaigrette should be slightly acidic to the taste when eaten alone. It will mellow when combined with other ingredients. Double this vinaigrette and reserve for other salads during the week. Add herbs and spices to the vinaigrette to create your own