Shaved Brussel Sprouts with Garlic and Shallots
A simple recipe that allows you to cook brussels sprouts on the stove top in a fraction of the time.
- 4 cups (470 g) Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 Tablespoon (175 g) medium shallots, peeled, halved
- 4 Tablespoon (15 g) small garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, optional
- Place the garlic and shallots into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade. Pulse 4-5 times or until garlic and shallots are finely chopped. Scrape garlic and shallot mixture into a small container and set aside until needed.
- Fit the Food Processor with the Thick Slicing Blade and secure the lid. Place 1/2 the brussels sprouts into the Large Food Chute opening. Secure the Large Food Pusher and start the machine. Allow sprouts to slice through the blade and repeat until all sprouts are sliced.
- Heat a 12 inch (30cm) sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and shallots and sauté over high heat until onions are translucent, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the brussels sprouts and sauté for another 4-6 minutes or until desired tenderness is achieved. Season with salt.