Spicy Pepper, Garlic, and Apple Relish
Honey and apples lend a little natural sweetness to this spicy pepper relish. Add pectin for an easy spicy pepper jam. The more seeds you leave in the peppers, the spicier it will be.
- 10 (150 gal) fresno chili
- 2 (100 g) large jalapeño, stemmed, seeded
- 10 (135 g) shishito peppers, stemmed, halved
- ½ cup (75 g) garlic clove, peeled
- 1 (225 g) large honeycrisp apple, cored, cut into large chunks
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) fresh ginger root, 1/4" slice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup (180 ml) rice vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) honey
- Place peppers, garlic, apple and ginger into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid.
- Pulse 6-8 times. Stop and remove the lid and scrape down the sides of the Work Bowl. Pulse an additional 3-4 times.
- Heat a medium sauce pot over medium heat. Add the 2 Tablespoon olive oil and heat slightly. Add the pepper mixture and sauté for 5-7 minutes, making sure mixture doesn't stick to bottom of pan. Add rice vinegar and honey, and stew over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Add 2 Tablespoon (20g) of pectin if you would like to make a simple spicy jam.