Vegan Mayonnaise [Immersion Blender]
This vegan version of the classic sauce is easy to make, and just as versatile as the original.
- ¾ cup (180 ml) soy milk
- 1½ Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1½ cup (360 ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients except the oil into an appropriately sized container in the order listed. Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid, or as close to the ingredients as possible.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. While blending, start slowly adding the oil in a steady stream. Move the immersion blender around, including up and down, to blend the ingredients for approximately 1 minute or until desired consistency is achieved. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This may be flavored with any additional spices you may want. Simply add them in when doing the initial processing.