Zucchini, Tomato and Asiago Egg Bites
This delicious combination of eggs and vegetables makes the perfect healthy breakfast.
- 1 (250 g) zucchini, cut into 1" chunks
- 15 (160 g) cherry tomatoes, or grape tomatoes
- ½ cup (85 g) Asiago cheese, cubed
- 12 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12 count muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl. Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid, or as close to the ingredients as possible.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 2. Move the immersion blender around, including up and down, to blend the ingredients for approximately 60 seconds or until ingredients are evenly chopped and eggs are mixed well.
- Portion into prepared muffin tin and place into preheated oven. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until center of egg muffins are set. Cool slightly before removing with an offset spatula.
This recipe may also be done as a frittata, quiche or similar egg dish. Try mixing and matching vegetables to suit your taste preference. This recipe may be done the night before if desired, just blend the base with your vegetables, pour it into well-sprayed muffin tins, wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake the next morning.