Ah, the modest, unassuming bean, staple of the pantry, workhorse of the kitchen. The Vitamix machine can help your bean dishes shine, not only in familiar soups, but in dips and sauces, and even as a gluten-free flour. The recipes below feature black beans, chickpeas, and kidney beans, but feel free to experiment with other varieties.
Try these 5 recipes in your Vitamix blender:
- Black Bean Soup: A creamy base of both black beans and chickpeas, enlivened with cumin, garlic, lime, and jalapeño, and garnished with whole beans and colorful red and yellow peppers.
- Minestrone Soup: Bright vegetables and a pair of beans, kidney and chickpeas, combine with tomatoes and Italian spices to produce this traditional favorite.
- Black Bean and Jalapeño Sauce: Black beans go south of the border for a spicy sauce that pairs well with tortilla-based dishes like gorditas and can also serve as a dip.
- Spicy Hummus: Garbanzo beans are the star of this zesty dip, with garlic, lemon, and hot sauce to ramp up the flavor.
- Gluten-Free Bean Flour: Ground dried legumes offer a gluten-free product in this bean flour recipe.
7 Ways to Use Your Farm Fresh Produce
Support your local farmers, then incorporate your treasures into these fresh recipes.
Healthy Farm to Table Recipes & Tips
Success in the garden starts with learning what to plant when. Find Your (Hardiness) Zone and start planning your plantings for a bountiful fall harvest.