This pesto variation trades the greens for flavorful tomatoes. Add it to a pasta dish or use as a simple dip.
- 40 (400 g) sun-dried tomatoes, oil packed, drained
- 20 (200 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1⅓ cup (200 g) ricotta cheese
- 20 (5 g) capers
- ½ cup (100 g) Kalamata olives
- ¾ cup (200 ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 Tablespoon
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to variable 7, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Blend for approximately 15 seconds
This Italian version suggests leaving the pesto on the chunkier side versus blending it smooth. Adjust blend time according to your liking. Use up leftover tomatoes or switch out ingredients you have on hand to create this simple dish.
|Serving Size||1 serving (22 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|