Almond Leek Soup
Blending the subtle, sweet flavors of almonds, leeks and celery, this soup makes a delightful first course.
- 1.4 l (6 cups) Vegetable Stock
- 145 g (1 cup) almonds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, optional
- 230 g (6 ) celery
- 160 g (1 ) leeks, washed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Simmer almonds in stock until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Sauté leeks and celery in oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add sautéed vegetables to almonds and stock. Simmer for about 15 minutes, then allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 2 minutes or until smooth.
Almonds give this soup a smooth, creamy texture that is obtainable without using any cream or dairy products. Leeks grow underground, so be sure to wash thoroughly, preferably after slicing, to clean off any dirt or sediment.
|Serving Size||472 g (1 Serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|