Brie, Roquefort and Wild Mushroom Fondue
Mushrooms give this dish an amazing umami flavor.
- 15 ml (1 Tablespoon) olive oil
- 115 g (4 ounces) shiitake mushrooms
- 30 g (1 medium) shallot, minced
- (½ teaspoon) salt, optional
- (1 teaspoon) fresh thyme leaves
- 15 g (1½ Tablespoon) all-purpose flour
- 340 g (12 ounces) double creme brie
- 50 g (2 ounces) Roquefort cheese
- 240 ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- vegetables and/or bread, to dip
- In Vitamix container place shallot, mushroom, fresh thyme leaves and secure the lid. Select variable 8 and pulse 3 to 4 times until roughly chopped.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and add oil. Sauté mushroom mixture until golden brown.
- Add remaining ingredients in to the container and re-secure the lid.
- Select hot soup program and press start. Allow program to run to completion.
- Once program has finished fold in mushroom mixture and serve.