Butternut Squash Hummus
Try this unique hummus that replaces chickpeas with roasted butternut squash, or whatever fall squash you like!
- 120 ml (½ cup) extra virgin olive oil, or water
- 35 g (¼ cup) sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 525 g (1 ) roasted butternut squash, or other squash, peeled, cut into large chunks, about 1 large
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lemon, leaving just the flesh.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 60 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Dipping a veggie in a veggie? What an excellent and flavorful way to reap the nutritional benefits of plants!
- This slightly-sweet recipe pairs perfectly with raw vegetables, and showcases a hummus without chickpeas. The Vitamix pulverizes the lemon and sesame seeds to form a delicious base without having to buy tahini or squeeze lemons.
|Serving Size||60 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page