Sweet and Sour Cucumber and Watermelon Salad
A bright, fresh side dish perfect for any summer picnic or cookout
- 240 ml (1 cup) apple cider vinegar
- 180 g (12 ) dates, pitted, or 1 cup honey, optional
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 40 g (¾ cup) green onions, root trimmed, sliced thin
- 900 g (6 cups) watermelon, peeled, diced
- 1.2 kg (4 ) cucumber, peeled, diced
- Place vinegar, dates, salt and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 30 seconds or until ingredients are well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss sesame seeds, green onions, watermelon and cucumber with the blended dressing. Allow to marinate for 15-20 minutes before serving.
|Serving Size||174 g (1 servings)|
|Amount Per Servings|