Black bean, onion, tomato and garlic soup topped with fresh cilantro and crispy tortilla.
- Tablespoon (1.5 cups) Spanish onions, diced
- Tablespoon (5 ) cloves of garlic
- Tablespoon (1 pc) arbol pepper
- Tablespoon (3 cups) dry black beans
- Tablespoon (2.5 cups) diced tomato
- Tablespoon (2 cups) chopped cilantro
- Tablespoon salt and pepper, to taste
- Tablespoon (2 Tablespoons) canola oil
- Tablespoon (2.5 l) water
- Tablespoon (1⁄2 cups) sour cream, optional
- Tablespoon (1⁄2 cups) Mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes, optional
- Tablespoon (10 pc) of tortillas cut in strips and fried, optional
- In a bowl soak overnight the beans with enough water
- In a pot sautée the onion and garlic with 2 Tablespoons of canola oil
- Add the diced tomato to the onion and garlic mixture, along with the arbol pepper
- Add the overnight soaked black beans to the pot and cover with 2.5 L of water. Bring it to boil and simmer until the beans are soft.
- In your Vitamix blend the entire mixture using the Soup Setting
- Finish with chopped cilantro and season with salt to taste.
- Cut the tortilla into strips and fry with the additional canola oil
- Garnish with sour cream, mozzarella cheese and crispy tortilla strips (optional)