Wild Mushroom and Thyme Cream Soup
Mushrooms add a delicious umami flavor, while cashews create a creamy (dairy free) base for this nutritious soup.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 335 g (¾ pound) wild mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 75 g (1 ) medium shallot, peeled, sliced
- 155 g (1 cup) raw cashews
- 960 ml (4 cups) vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, mushrooms, fresh thyme leaves, and shallot and sauté until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Place vegetable stock, cashews, and sautéed mixture into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds; or select the Hot Soup program and allow the machine to complete the programmed cycle.
People often overlook the mushroom as a nutrient dense vegetable, but don't let them fool you! Not only are they packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals, but they also bring a delicious umami flavor to recipes. The cashews create a cream base that is not only delicious, but delivers plant protein, fiber, and healthy fat. This soup has it all!
|Serving Size||346 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|