Enjoy this healthy twist on a breakfast favorite. For a less intense color, peel zucchini before incorporating into batter.
- 80 (⅓ ) almond milk , or whole milk
- 250 (1¼ ) medium zucchini, peeled, halved
- (2 ) eggs, or 2 Tablespoon flax egg
- (¼ ) salt, optional
- 60 (3 ) date syrup , or honey, or taste
- (1 ) ground cinnamon
- (¼ ) ground allspice
- 180 (1½ ) whole wheat flour
- (2 ) baking powder
- Place all ingredients except for flour and baking powder into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then increase to Variable 4. Blend for 5 seconds until ingredients are combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the Vitamix container with the wet ingredients, and secure the lid. Pulse 10-12 times on Variable 5 until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour batter onto a preheated and lightly greased skillet or griddle and cook until bubbles appear in center of pancakes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
To make a flax "egg," simply combine your flax meal with water in a small container and stir to combine, and allow it to sit for 5 minutes before using.