After a long workout, your body needs nutrients to replenish what it has lost, and nothing could be handier or more nutritious than the right smoothie. Smoothies are perfect because you can pack so many servings of the right nutrients into a drink that’s quick to make and easy to digest.
If you’d like to create your own post-workout recipes, keep in mind that non-dairy protein is more easily digested, greens help reduce the acidity produced by intense exercise, and a variety of fruits and vegetables provide needed carbohydrates. Try adding a tablespoon of flax seed or chia to your smoothie to add healthy fat and additional antioxidants. Add these seeds to the container last, on top of all other ingredients, for the most thorough blend.
Reward and replenish yourself post-workout with one of these satisfying smoothies:
- Everything Smoothie—Packed with nearly a dozen fruits, veggies, and leafy greens, this smoothie is full of carbs, protein, and calcium.
- Gold Medal Smoothie—Citrus fruits and cantaloupe make it a sweet treat after an intense workout, but a scoop of protein powder makes it a gold medalist.
- Glowing Green Smoothie—Celebrity Nutritionist Kimberly Snyder’s secret to beauty from the inside out.
- All Green Smoothie—It’s so easy going green with this sweet and delicious combination of fruits, veggies, and leafy greens.
- Emerald Smoothie—Pineapple and vanilla soymilk give this green smoothie a light, citrus flavor that will satisfy your cravings.
- Banana Avocado Drink—Sweet and creamy, this smoothie is a great way to use any extra bananas you might have in the kitchen.
- Banana Raspberry Green Smoothie—Almond milk and bananas make this smoothie creamy without the need for dairy. Blend for the perfect breakfast treat.
- Cucumber Melon Smoothie—This refreshing smoothie showcases the popular combination of cucumber and melon.
- Dance to the Beet Smoothie—Pomegranate and beets are showcased in this smoothie, which also includes nutritious spinach and parsley.
- Freshly Minted Berry Smoothie—A vibrant berry smoothie with a hint of mint.
- Going Green Smoothie—A beautiful blend of sweet fruits and fresh spinach, and a great starter recipe for someone who's new to green smoothies.
- Kale and Pear Green Smoothie—This vibrant green smoothie blends the delicious sweetness of fresh fruits with one cup of nutrient-packed kale.
- Banana Blueberry Orange Smoothie—Kids love the delightful purplish color of this refreshing snack! Just add ice to turn it into a delicious sorbet.
15 Gluten-Free Vitamix Recipes
Enjoy these homemade, gluten-free recipes for flour, cereal, and quiche.
Tips on Incorporating Plant-Based Protein in Your Diet
Discover the importance of plant-based proteins and how to add more to your diet.
Tips for Boosting Protein in Your Smoothie Recipes
Smoothies are a great way to ensure that your body gets a healthy variety of fruits and vegetables, and the Vitamix makes them so easy. You can enhance your smoothie with a protein boost at breakfast, after a workout, or as a midafternoon snack.