Black Bean and Jalapeño Sauce
This spicy Mexican sauce can be served as a hot or cold dip, or used to enhance tortilla filling, gorditas, and tostaditas.
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- 14½ ounce (425 g) canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup (80 g) onion, peeled, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, seeded
- ½ cup (75 g) red bell pepper, seeded, stemmed, diced
- ½ cup (75 g) yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- Heat a Sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the next 5 ingredients. Sauté for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients and half of the sautéed mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- If sauce is getting too thick (sauce should be spreadable) add a little more water or broth.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 or 5 and remove the lid plug. Add remaining sautéed mixture through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for an additional 5 seconds.
Recommended for Tortilla filling, gorditas, tostadas or use as a hot or cold dip.
|Serving Size||½ cup (120 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|