Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice Bowls [Food Processor Attachment]
These bowls use cauliflower instead of rice as the main component, and can be as versatile as you want. Try making curry, Asian, Mediterranean, or Middle Eastern style bowls with your choice of ingredient toppings.
- 1 head (1,175 g) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided use, optional
- 2 small limes, juiced
- 1 bunch (15 g) fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Fit the Food Processor Work Bowl with the Small Shred Disc Blade. With the machine running, feed the cauliflower florets through the Large Food Chute. Once all the florets have been shredded, remove them to a large bowl.
- Working in two batches, add 1 Tablespoon olive oil to a large non-stick skillet set over high heat. Add half the cauliflower to the pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Add remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil to the skillet, followed by remaining uncooked cauliflower. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, then combine all cooked cauliflower in a bowl and season with cilantro and lime juice.
Switching out traditional white rice for cauliflower rice is a low carb alternative that really bumps up the nutrient profile of this dish. These bowls can be seasoned with any combination of ingredients you like - just be sure to cook the rice quickly to keep its taste and texture at an optimum level.