Pear, Date and Chia Pudding
A great saucy style custard without all the dairy and eggs. Great served with granola, or just topped with fresh fruit and eaten as a yogurt alternative.
- 3 (454 g) ripe bartlett pear, seeded, cut into chunks
- 8 (80 g) dates, pitted
- 2 (300 g) large orange, peeled, quartered
- 1 cup (240 ml) cold water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (150 g) unsalted roasted cashews
- 2 cups (480 ml) oat milk
- ⅓ cup (55 g) chia seeds
- Place pears, dates, orange, water, vanilla, cinnamon and cashews into a medium sauce pot. Cover and stew over low heat for approximately 25-35 minutes. Remove from heat and chill slightly.
- Add the oat milk to the cooking pot and place the immersion blender into the middle. Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid, or as close to the ingredients as possible.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, and increase variable speed as desired. Move the immersion blender around, including up and down, to blend the ingredients for approximately 1 minute or until smooth. Stir in the chia seeds and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. If too thick, adjust consistency with a splash of oat milk.