Peas Cream with Taralli
Garnish this delicious pea soup with a flavorful, crispy olive oil cracker.
- 2¾ cup (335 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt, optional
- ⅓ cup (90 ml) white wine
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons water
- eggwash of 1 large egg
- Add the flour, salt, wine, olive oil, and water to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 8 and pulse about 15 to 20 times until the dough comes together, stopping to scrape the sides as needed.
- Add a teaspoon or two of water, if needed. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Remove the dough from the container (it may not have formed a ball, but remove the dough pieces), knead together a few times on a lightly floured surface until springy, then shape the dough into a ball.
- Cover with a damp towel.
- Pull scant Tablespoon-sized pieces from the ball, roll into sticks, then loop into a circle (pressing the ends together to close). Place them into boiling water, then remove once they float to the top. Let them dry slightly on a towel.
- Brush with egg wash. Bake at 400° Fahrenheit (200° Celsius) for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until golden.
- Add water, oil, peas, carrots, shallot, celery, and salt to the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the machine and increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for 5 minutes and 45 seconds.
- Serve warm with a spoonful of sour cream on top.
Seal extra Taralli's in a container and save for other great soups.