The flavors of fall blend perfectly in this quiche, lined with a hearty crust and filled with a savory egg filling, to bring you a delicious breakfast or brunch dish.
- 2 cups (240 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (120 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided use, optional
- ⅔ cup (150 g) butter, cut into pats
- ¾ cup (180 mg) cold water
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups (280 g) butternut squash, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 1 small (100 g) onion, peeled, halved
- 1 medium (120 g) red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅔ cup (100 g) manchego cheese, optional
1. Place flours and salt into the Food Processor Work Bowl and secure the lid. Pulse 3-4 times to evenly mix ingredients.
2. Drop the butter evenly over the mixture and secure the lid. Pulse 6-8 times or until mixture has combined evenly, creating a sand-like consistency. Remove the lid and pour in the water over the mixture evenly.
3. Pulse mixture an additional 12-14 times or until dough begins to come together. Remove to a lightly floured surface, and gently knead until dough just comes together. Shape into a 6" round dough ball and wrap with saran wrap, chilling for 2-4 hours.
4. Place all remaining ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Start the machine on its lowest speed, then increase to Variable 2. Blend for 30-45 seconds or until all ingredients are chopped uniformly.
5. Once the quiche crust is fully chilled, remove from refrigerator and roll out to 1/4" thickness. Carefully place into a lightly greased pan, cutting the excess dough off from the top of the pan. Crimp the edges of the dough if desired.
6. Pour the blender mixture into the crust and place into preheated oven. Bake for 45 minutes or until center of egg mixture is just barely set. Remove and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.