White Bean and Fall Herb Bisque with Pepitas
Warm up with this delicious fall bisque, packed with vegetables and fresh herbs for a savory meal that's sure to please.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups (150 g) onion, chopped
- 1 cup (100 g) celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup (120 g) carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves only, chopped
- 3 sage leaves
- 1 can (250 g) cannellini beans, drained
- 3 cups (720 ml) vegetable stock
- ¾ teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup (70 g) pepitas, to garnish
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, rosemary, and sage and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, cannellini beans, salt, and pepper into the pot and cook over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid, or as close to the ingredients as possible.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then slowly increase to its highest speed. Move the immersion blender around, including up and down, to blend the ingredients for approximately 60 seconds.
- Serve immediately with pepitas sprinkled over top if desired.
- Herbs, veggies, beans - all bring flavor and a wide array of nutrients to this hearty fall bisque.
- Try utilizing the Vitamix Food Processor or your blending container to help chop ingredients more easily.