Cooking is a gift of love that comes straight from the heart, not to mention one of the top gifts men and women both say they want for their special day. Gather your siblings or children in the kitchen to take care of the person who takes care of you—it’s a great way to honor your parents or spouse, create lasting memories, and perhaps start a family tradition that will carry on for generations.
See below some popular Father's Day recipes or for backyard grilling for Dad's special day:
- Asian Buffalo Sauce: If Dad loves buffalo sauce, he’ll eat up this Asian variation with orange, ginger, and soy sauce to liven up the flavor.
- Pizza: We all love pizza; show your Dad love by making the crust from scratch and adding his favorite toppings.
- Jalapeño Corn Bread: Spiced up with colorful red and green jalapeños and perfect for Dad’s secret chili recipe.
- Cheese and Whiskey Fondue: Not only is the flavor memorable, but the dining experience is, too, especially if you follow the Swiss custom of paying a forfeit when you drop your cube of bread into the cheese sauce.
- Apricot Ancho Barbeque Glaze: The perfect combination of sweet and spicy, try this barbecue glaze with grilled shrimp, pork or chicken.
- Caribbean Dry Rub: Make amazing jerk chicken with this sweet and spicy rub. Allow to sit on raw meat for 10-15 minutes before cooking to maximize flavor.
4 Best Summer Side Dishes for Barbecuing
Burgers, dogs and brats define a summer cookout, but without side dishes to pair them with, your cookout is incomplete.
The Pros and Cons of Smoking Vs. Barbecuing
An understanding of the pros and cons of smoking vs. barbecuing will help you decide what's best to serve your guests.
How to Grill or Roast Vegetables
Tips for perfectly grilled and roasted vegetables with delicious marinade recipes.
7 Easy Marinades for Backyard Grilling
From sweet to tangy to spicy, Vitamix has a marinade for every palate and every dish.