Apple Cinnamon Fruit Leather
These simple fruit strips with all-natural ingredients are perfect outdoor snacks or back-to-school lunches.
- 4 (680 g) apples, cored, halved
- ½ cup (120 ml) coconut water
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or other sweetener, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Place all ingredient into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, or the Puree (Dips + Spreads) program.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 55 seconds; or start the machine and allow the Puree (Dips + Spreads) program to complete.
- Line two hydrator trays or baking sheets with parchment. Divide the puree between the two trays and spread out evenly.
- Set the dehydrator to 135°F (60°C) or the oven to 170°F (75°C). Dehydrate for 3 hours, or until fruit puree is dry to the touch; or bake for 2 to 3 hours, or until puree is tacky but does not stick to your fingers.
- Once dry, slide the parchment sheets onto a work surface and cut into 3-inch (8-cm) wide strips, down the whole length of the puree, leaving the parchment in place. (Each sheet should yield 4 fruit strips.)
- Roll each strip tightly, and store in an airtight container.
|Serving Size||1 fruit strips|
|Amount Per Servings|
Apple Cinnamon Fruit Leather is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Invisicat from Game-Changer! This was my first time making fruit leather, and it is awesome! I used water since I don't have any coconut water, but I'm confident that didn't alter the results. Other recipes online called for dicing and cooking the apples first; using the Vitamix blender was SO much easier! The final results taste great. I now have a new, healthy snack I can make at home and still satisfy my sweet tooth.
Date published: 2020-11-08