Brie, Roquefort and Wild Mushroom Fondue
Mushrooms give this dish an amazing umami flavor.
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 4 ounces (115 g) shiitake mushrooms
- 1 medium (30 g) shallot, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1½ Tablespoon (15 g) all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces (340 g) double creme brie
- 2 ounces (50 g) Roquefort cheese
- 1 cup (240 ml) dry white wine
- vegetables and/or bread, to dip
- In Vitamix container place shallot, mushroom, fresh thyme leaves and secure the lid. Select variable 8 and pulse 3 to 4 times until roughly chopped.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and add oil. Sauté mushroom mixture until golden brown.
- Add remaining ingredients in to the container and re-secure the lid.
- Select hot soup program and press start. Allow program to run to completion.
- Once program has finished fold in mushroom mixture and serve.