Claflouti is a traditional French dessert that is simple to make and intensely satisfying. Blackberries or raspberries can easily be substituted for the cherries (but the cherries are oh-so-good!)
- 1¼ cup (300 ml) milk
- 5 Tablespoons (75 g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, or egg substitute
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (85 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups (400 g) black cherries, pitted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 9-inch (23-cm) round cake pan with butter, and dust lightly with flour.
- Place milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1 or the Puree program.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 1 minute; or start the machine and allow the Puree program to complete.
- Place cherries into prepared cake pan.
- Pour batter over top of cherries and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|