Claflouti is a traditional French dessert that is simple to make and intensely satisfying. Blackberries or raspberries can easily be substituted for the cherries (but the cherries are oh-so-good!)
- 1¼ cup (300 ml) milk
- 5 Tablespoons (75 g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, or egg substitute
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (85 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups (400 g) cherries, pitted, or blackberries
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Grease a 23-cm (9 inch) cake pan with butter, and dust lightly with flour.
- Place milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, and salt, optional into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select puree program.
- Switch machine to start and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Place cherries into prepared pie pan.
- Pour batter over top of cherries and bake for 35-40 minutes.