Mango Coconut Sorbet
Dried and frozen mango combine with shredded coconut and lime juice for intense tropical flavor—a sweet yet healthy final course.
- ½ cup (35 g) unsweetened flaked coconut, reserving 1 Tablespoon for garnish
- ½ cup dried mango
- 1 cup (240 ml) almond milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups (300 g) frozen mango
- Soak dried mango in the milk until soft (overnight or one hour in advance).
- Place all ingredients, including the soaking milk, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30 to 60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form in the mixture.
- Garnish with reserved coconut and serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Mango Coconut Sorbet is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Raul D from Really flavorful This is a great recipe because it doesn't require fresh mangoes--sometimes hard to find ripe. I left out the coconut to get the pure mango flavor. It was soft, so I put it in six little cups and put them in the freezer to firm up. I pulled them out about 1/2 hour before serving so they could soften up a bit from the freezer.
Date published: 2018-12-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by VigoaCuisine from 20 yrs of daily restaurant use survived employees! Vitamix was the absolute work horse of our restaurant and Olive Oil Company. We made smoothies soups ground our own flours. It survived employees that dropped the container on the floor more than a few times. It even survived the time an employee chewed up the tamper because she put on the lid upside down! We got rid of her, but kept the Vitamix!!! You won't regret this purchase!
Date published: 2016-06-09
Rated 4 out of 5 by Pennyclh from Great flavour but too soft This is a great recipe for vegan and has really rich mango flavour. The only down side is too soft to be serve as a sorbet.
Date published: 2016-02-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lrostome from Delicious mango treat This was super easy to make and a delicious frozen treat. I did not have dried mango on hand, and so only used frozen mangos. my husband loved it and was so impressed the vitamix made this! It was creamy and way more “mango” than a store bought mango ice cream.
Date published: 2019-07-30