An ideal alternative for those with nut allergies, this recipe combines seeds, sunflower oil, and a touch of honey to create a spreadable butter.
- 2½ cup (330 ml) sunflower seeds, unsalted
- ½ cup (85 g) flaxseed
- ¼ cup (35 g) sesame seeds
- ½ cup (120 ml) sunflower oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute 15 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|