Oil-Free Ginger Sesame Dressing
This whole food oil-free dressing uses carrots as a natural thickener. Paired with rice wine for a light but sweet acidity, it can be customized to your liking by adjusting the ingredients.
- 1 medium (125 g) carrot, cut into large chunks
- 1 slice (10 g) onion, peeled (1/4-inch)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 teaspoons white or yellow miso
- 1 slice (5 g) fresh ginger root, washed (1/4-inch)
- 3 Tablespoons (25 g) toasted sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) rice wine vinegar
- ¾ cup (180 ml) water
1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the blade base.
2. Start the blender on its lowest speed and quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 30 seconds. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Oil-free vinaigrettes allow you to remove of a lot of the calories associated with traditional dressings without sacrificing flavor. The Vitamix has no issues blending tough fibers in carrots, ginger, or sesame seeds to create a truly delicious dressing. Salads can be varied however you like with regional or seasonal ingredients.