You’ll love having this spicy relish on hand for last-minute summer BBQs. Homemade condiments are an unexpected way to impress guests.
- 2 cups (480 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 3½ cup (840 ml) water
- ½ cup (115 g) kosher salt
- ¾ cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, peeled, zested
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1½ pound (675 g) pickling cucumbers
- To make the pickles: Place vinegar, water, salt, sugar, lemon and zest into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds or until heavy steam escapes the vented lid plug.
- While that is blending, wash and cut the pickling cucumbers into ¾-inch (2-cm) pieces. Place in a bowl and toss with bay leaves, peppercorns, coriander, and red pepper flakes.
- When the blend is finished, the liquid will be hot. Pour the blended mixture over the cucumbers and spices and let cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the relish.
- Drain liquid from the pickles. Place pickles into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 5, using the tamper to push ingredients towards the blades. Blend for 30 seconds. Transfer to sealed glass jars and refrigerate, or follow canning procedures for longer storage.
|Serving Size||1 serving (35 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|