Pineapple Prawn Curry
Pineapple perfectly balances the heat of this curry. Add any of your favorite vegetables to make it your own.
- 1½ cup (400 ml) coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups (400 g) pineapple, peeled, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 ounces (200 g) shell on shrimp
- 2 cups (200 g) frozen peas, thawed
- ⅔ cup (100 g) green onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1½ cup (300 g) basmati rice, cooked
- Place coconut milk, ginger, garlic, pineapple, garam masala, and curry powder into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1 or the Puree setting. Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 45 seconds; or start the machine and allow the Puree program to complete.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over high heat and add the shrimp. Cook shrimp three-quarters of the way through, and add the peas, spring onions, and blended sauce mixture. Bring to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with water and stir into the sauce.
- Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over basmati rice.
|Serving Size||1 servings|
|Amount Per Servings|
Pineapple Prawn Curry is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 3 out of 5 by BB20 from Interesting flavor I think this is a great start, but I needed to add in wayy more pineapple to balance out the strong flavor profile from the spices.The 2 people I shared this with asked me if I was sure I put pineapple in it (which ended up being the main ingredient by far. It was just that the spices were overpowering). I also added in spicy chili crisps at the end. I would make it again, but change the amounts of everything and add in some chopped up pineapple at the end . Thank you for the idea!
Date published: 2020-04-09