Pineapple Prawn Curry
Pineapple perfectly balances the heat of this curry. Add any of your favorite vegetables to make it your own.
- 1½ cups (360 ml) coconut milk
- 1 piece (3 g) fresh ginger root, 1/4" slice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 cups (330 g) peeled pineapple, peeled, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 7 ounces (200 g) shrimp, shelled
- 1½ cup (200 g) green peas
- ⅔ cup (65 g) green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tbsp. water
- 1½ cup (300 g) basmati rice, cooked
- Place coconut milk, pineapple, garlic, ginger, garam masala, and curry powder into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45 seconds.
- While the sauce is processing, preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add oil and heat until shimmering. Add shrimp and cook halfway through, then add peas and spring onions. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the blended sauce and bring contents of the pan to a simmer, cooking for 15-20 minutes. Add the cornstarch and water slurry to the skillet. Whisk in and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Serve over basmati rice.
The spices in this recipe can be adjusted to suit your taste; simply add in increments, tasting between and adding more until the taste suits you. The flavors will be more pronounced after simmering, but should not be overly spicy unless using a hot curry powder instead of regular.
|Serving Size||1 serving (428 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|