Refried Pinto Beans
Who would have thought that refried beans could be healthy? This recipe gives you the same taste without all the added fat. Cholesterol free. Gluten free. And guilt free, too!
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 other garlic cloves, peeled
- 15 ounces (440 g) canned pinto beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ lime, juiced
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 6 and Pulse 5 to 6 times, or until the beans are roughly puréed.
- Place beans into a sauté pan over medium heat and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
|Serving Size||½ cup (150 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Refried Pinto Beans is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by nwolkonsky from It can't get easier than this The recipe is tasty, rapid, delicious and flexible to your personal seasoning tastes.
Date published: 2020-02-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by KMullis from So easy and so good! I will never eat refried beans from a can again! I had to double the recipe for taco night last night. My family thought there was a bit too much lime, but I loved it.
Date published: 2020-05-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by onecentrock from Best Refried Beans Ever This recipe yields terrific tasting refried beans.
Date published: 2020-09-14