A creamy chowder perfectly seasoned with marjoram and nutmeg.
- 3 Tablespoons (45 g) light butter spread
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ½ (60 g) small onion, peeled, halved
- 1 carrot, halved
- 1 pinch marjoram
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
- 8 ounces (225 g) shrimp, uncooked
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- Place butter, celery, onion, carrot, marjoram, nutmeg, lemon juice, and chicken broth into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour into a 4-quart pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp. Cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp is no longer pink.
- Add milk and maintain temperature.
- Serve immediately.
Chef's Note: The chowder can be puréed to make into a bisque.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|