Sweet and Sour Cucumber and Watermelon Salad
A bright, fresh side dish perfect for any summer picnic or cookout
- 1 cup (240 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 12 (180 g) dates, or 1 cup honey, optional
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- ¾ cup (40 g) green onions, root trimmed, sliced thin
- 6 cups (900 g) watermelon, peeled, diced
- 4 (1.2 kg) cucumber, peeled, diced
- Place vinegar, dates, salt and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 30 seconds or until ingredients are well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss sesame seeds, green onions, watermelon and cucumber with the blended dressing. Allow to marinate for 15-20 minutes before serving.
|Serving Size||1 servings (174 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Sweet and Sour Cucumber and Watermelon Salad is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bethy from Suoer tasty The dressing is really good, tbh one does nkt need a vitamix for it. I heated the vinegar and sugar together in a pot on the stove to dissolve. I think black sesame seeds would make a better effect visually. And it could handle cilantro. I did just as the recipe said as far as ingredients and it was really tasty
Date published: 2018-07-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mamoo from Great tasting This is a great tasting light salad. My family loved it, and they don't always love healthy. I made it by the recipe. Wouldn't change a thing!
Date published: 2019-08-28