Black bean, onion, tomato and garlic soup topped with fresh cilantro and crispy tortilla.
- 1.5 cups Spanish onions, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 pc arbol pepper
- 3 cups dry black beans
- 2.5 cups diced tomato
- 2 cups chopped cilantro
- Tablespoon salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2.5 l water
- 1⁄2 cups sour cream, optional
- 1⁄2 cups Mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes, optional
- 10 pc of tortillas cut in strips and fried, optional
- In a bowl soak overnight the beans with enough water
- In a pot sautée the onion and garlic with 2 Tablespoons of canola oil
- Add the diced tomato to the onion and garlic mixture, along with the arbol pepper
- Add the overnight soaked black beans to the pot and cover with 2.5 L of water. Bring it to boil and simmer until the beans are soft.
- In your Vitamix blend the entire mixture using the Soup Setting
- Finish with chopped cilantro and season with salt to taste.
- Cut the tortilla into strips and fry with the additional canola oil
- Garnish with sour cream, mozzarella cheese and crispy tortilla strips (optional)