Vegan Avocado Chocolate Torte
A delicious, vegan indulgence for all to enjoy.
- 2⅓ cups (350 g) hazelnuts, divided use
- ½ cup (135 ml) coconut oil + 1 Tablespoon, divided use
- 1 pinch salt, optional
- 1 cup (150 g) dates, pitted
- 1 vanilla bean
- ½ cup (120 ml) agave nectar
- 5 avocados, peeled, seeded
- 1 cup (100 g) cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons (10 g) goji berry powder
- Place half of the hazelnuts into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Pulse quickly. Continue to Pulse 8 to 12 more times, using tamper to press ingredients into the blades. Repeat with second half of the nuts. Remove to a bowl.
- Add 1 Tablespoon coconut oil and salt, to the ground nuts in the bowl. Mix to incorporate. Press into a spring form pan.
- Place 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut oil, dates, vanilla bean and agave into the Vitamix 1.2-litre container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the machine and slowly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 25 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Place 2 ½ avocados in the Vitamix
container and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10. Blend for 30 seconds. Add to the bowl with the date mixture. Repeat the process for the second ½ of the avocados.
- Add the cocoa powder and goji berries to the bowl with the avocado and date mixture. Mix to incorporate.
- Spoon mix over top of the hazelnut crust, wrap in plastic, and place in refrigerator overnight to set.
- Slice torte just before serving.