Margaritas aren’t strictly for summertime. Try this cranberry concoction at your next holiday gathering.
- For the Cranberry Jam:
- 75 g (¾ cup) fresh cranberries
- 50 g (¼ cup) granulated sugar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) water
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) orange juice
- (1 teaspoon) orange zest
- For the Cocktail:
- 120 g (8 Tablespoons) cranberry jam
- 45 ml (¼ cup) lime juice
- 120 ml (½ cup) orange juice
- 180 ml (6 fl. ounces) tequila
- 650 g (5 cups) ice cubes
- To make the cranberry jam, bring cranberries, sugar, water, and orange juice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick with jam consistency, about 30 to 40 minutes. Mix in the zest and let cool.
- Place 8 tablespoons jam, lime juice, orange juice, tequila, and ice into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 35 to 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.