You’ll love having this spicy relish on hand for last-minute summer BBQs. Homemade condiments are an unexpected way to impress guests.
- 480 mm (2 cups) apple cider vinegar
- 480 ml (2 cups) water
- 115 g (¼ cup) Kosher salt
- 150 g (¾ cup) granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 675 g (1½ pound) pickling cucumbers
- Place vinegar, water, salt, sugar, lemon juice and zest into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1 or the Hot Soup program.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 6 minutes 30 seconds; or start the machine and allow the Hot Soup program to complete.
- While that is blending, wash and cut the pickling cucumbers into ¾-inch (2-cm) pieces. Place in a bowl and toss with bay leaves, peppercorns, coriander, and red pepper flakes.
- When the blend is finished, the liquid will be hot. Pour the blended mixture over the cucumbers and spices and let cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain the liquid from the pickled cucumbers.
- Place pickles in the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press the pickles toward the blades.
- Transfer to sealed glass jars and refrigerate, or follow canning procedures for longer storage.
|Serving Size||2 teaspoons|
|Amount Per Servings|