Avocado Bean Soup with Fresh Herb Relish
The Fresh Herb Relish of this flavorful chilled soup also makes a wonderful accompaniment to lamb chops or crostini.
Avocado Bean Soup
- 480 ml (2 cups) vegetable broth, or chicken broth
- 120 ml (½ cup) plain dairy free yogurt, or low fat plain yogurt
- 320 g (2 ) avocado, halved, pitted, peeled
- 185 g (1 cup) navy beans, cooked, rinsed, drained
- 20 g ( ¼ ) lemon, peeled
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded, halved
- Place all Soup ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then increase to Variable 6.
- Blend for 40 seconds or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to press the ingredients toward blades.
Fresh Herb Relish
- 5 g (2 Tablespoons) fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon medium onion, peeled, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the cilantro, zest, onion, and olive oil in a small bowl. Serve soup chilled or at room temperature, garnished with a Tablespoon of relish
Making this soup for a brunch, or for a large party, it can easily be doubled or tripled in a 64 ounce container.