Pomegranate Rye Cocktail
We call on cherry juice and the versatile pomegranate to balance the rye whiskey in this cocktail and add depth of flavor.
- 240 ml (1 cup) rye whiskey
- 120 ml (½ cup) fresh lemon juice
- 120 ml (½ cup) pomegranate juice
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or other sweetener, to taste
- 60 ml (¼ cup) dark cherry juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 180 ml (6 ounces) club soda
- ice cubes, plus extra for glasses
- 4 strips of lemon peel, for garnish
- pomegranate seeds
- Fill four highball glasses with ice and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine and blend for 30 to 45 seconds, remaining on Variable 1 throughout the blend.
- Divide evenly among the prepared glasses and garnish with lemon peel and pomegranate arils.
For additional froth, add 1 egg white before blending.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|