- 820 克（2 磅）小赤褐色土豆，不去皮
- 150 克（⅔ 杯）无盐黄油
- 240 ml（1 杯）牛奶
- 10 克 + 30 克（2 茶匙 + ¼ 杯）犹太盐，分装
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Add 1/4 cup (30g) of salt, and place over medium heat. Simmer until fork tender, about an half hour (do not boil, or the potatoes will fall apart and get water logged).
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the butter, milk and 2 teaspoon (10g) of salt in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until the butter is completely melted, then set aside.
- Once the potatoes are fork tender, strain and place back into the large pot. Place back on stovetop over low heat and cook again for 1 to 2 minutes (this will help to release any extra moisture in the potatoes from the cooking process).
- Place the warm milk mixture then the potatoes into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select Variable 3 and begin to pulse. Remove the lid plug and insert the tamper, using it to push ingredients down into the blades. Pulse 18-20 times, or until the mixture is smooth (be careful not to over mix, or the potatoes will get gummy and starchy.
- Make sure you used russet (idaho) potatoes for this recipe. These potatoes are mealy and will blend easier and not create as gummy of a potato as waxy potatoes will. Examples of waxy potatoes are Yukon gold and red potatoes. To pulse on a 5200 machine, select Variable 3, use the on/off switch to quickly start the machine and shut it off. A simple trick to hold mashed potatoes is to place them in cling wrap and seal them tightly, holding them in a warm place until ready to serve.
|餐食大小||120 ml (½ cup)|