Sweet Potato Pie
Served with dinner or as a dessert, this pie boasts a medley of holiday flavors such as cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- 720 ml (3 cups) low fat evaporated milk
- 240 ml (1 cup) egg substitute
- 120 ml (½ cup) honey
- 1.1 kg (3½ cup) sweet potatoes, cooked, mashed
- 3 g (1 teaspoon) salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 whole wheat pie shells, unbaked
- Heat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place milk, egg substitute, honey, sweet potatoes, salt, ground cinnamon, ginger, and cloves into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4 or 5.
- Blend for 15 to 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into three 9-inch (23 cm) unbaked pie shells.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C). Bake for 40 minutes.
- Filling will be soft but firms up as it sets and cools. Chill and serve.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|