After a long workout, your body needs nutrients to replenish what it has lost, and nothing could be handier or more nutritious than the right smoothie. Smoothies are perfect because you can pack so many serves of the right nutrients into a drink that’s quick to make and easy to digest.
If you’d like to create your own post-workout recipes, keep in mind that non-dairy protein is more easily digested, greens help reduce the acidity produced by intense exercise, and a variety of fruits and vegetables provide needed carbohydrates. Try adding a Tablespoon of flax seed or chia to your smoothie to add healthy fat and additional antioxidants. Add these seeds to the container last, on top of all other ingredients, for the most thorough blend.
Reward and replenish yourself post-workout with one of these satisfying smoothies:
- Everything Smoothie - Packed with nearly a dozen fruits, veggies, and leafy greens, this smoothie is full of carbs, protein, and calcium.
- Gold Medal Smoothie - Citrus fruits and cantaloupe make it a sweet treat after an intense workout, but a scoop of protein powder makes it a gold medalist.
- All Green Smoothie - It’s so easy going green with this sweet and delicious combination of fruits, veggies, and leafy greens.
- Emerald Smoothie - Pineapple and vanilla soymilk give this green smoothie a light, citrus flavour that will satisfy your cravings.
- Banana Avocado Drink - Kids love the delightful purplish colour of this refreshing snack! Just add ice to turn it into a delicious sorbet.
- Banana Raspberry Green Smoothie - Almond milk and bananas make this smoothie creamy without the need for dairy. Blend for the perfect breakfast treat.
- Cucumber Melon Smoothie - This refreshing smoothie showcases the popular combination of cucumber and melon.
- Dance to the Beet Smoothie - Pomegranate and beets are showcased in this smoothie, which also includes nutritious spinach and parsley.
- Freshly Minted Berry Smoothie - A vibrant berry smoothie with a hint of mint.
- Going Green Smoothie - A beautiful blend of sweet fruits and fresh spinach, and a great starter recipe for someone who's new to green smoothies.
- Kale and Pear Green Smoothie - This vibrant green smoothie blends the delicious sweetness of fresh fruits with one cup of nutrient-packed kale.
- Banana Blueberry Orange Smoothie - Kids love the delightful purplish colour of this refreshing snack! Just add ice to turn it into a delicious sorbet.