Afternoon Cacao & Mint Smoothie
Mint adds bright, refreshing flavour to this chocolatey smoothie, perfect for an afternoon snack.
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) almond milk
- 1¾ Tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter, raw
- 4 dates, pitted
- 120 ml (½ cup) water
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 frozen banana, peeled, halved
- 1 handful ice cubes
- cacao nibs, (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix Container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for 35 - 40 seconds, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Add cocoa nibs (if using) and pulse a few times to leave some crunch in the smoothie.
|Serving Size||250 ml (1½ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Afternoon Cacao & Mint Smoothie is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by AvaB from the mint and almond butter are amazing I didn't have cacao powder so I ground 2Tbsps of cacao nibs in a coffee mill. This smoothie was so incredible. I'd never have thought to put almond butter and mint alongside cacao but they work so well. You can taste both of them and they add a depth to this recipe that makes it wonderful, and very different from something I'd come up with myself. The only thing I'll change when I make it the next time is to halve the dates. I know that the dates are included for their caramel-ly flavor and their fiber/bulk - but for me it was a little too sweet/caramel-ly. This recipe is in my Top Five smoothies I've made. I really liked it.
Date published: 2019-08-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Leonilde from Impressive! First smoothie I made in the vitamix, really impressed with this drink, so tasty. Next time I will use a whole cup of milk for the liquid. Love that it includes almond butter, dates and mint. I only used 3 leaves and it was so minty.
Date published: 2019-10-22