Avocado Ranch Dressing
Avocado gives this simple dressing an extra creamy texture and adds great flavor.
- ½ avocado, pitted, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, peeled, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 60 ml (¼ cup) water
- 240 ml (1 cup) reduced fat buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill leaves
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix 40 oz. container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
|Serving Size||30 ml (2 Tablespoons)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Avocado Ranch Dressing is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 3 out of 5 by CKay from Too much garlic and onion So quick and easy, and good flavor, but two cloves of garlic and two tablespoons of onion overpower the other flavors. Will try again with half the amounts of garlic and onion.
Date published: 2017-02-19
Rated 4 out of 5 by angiesv from Good way to use ripe avocados This dressing is good as written, but I thought it needed some acid, so I added a couple of tablespoons of white wine vinegar. I plan to use it on a side salad to accompany broccoli-cheddar soup (also made in the Vitamix).
Date published: 2018-03-20
Rated 1 out of 5 by billnycchef from Not low fat Be careful with the search criterion. Sadly this is "not" a low fat recipe. Even if it is a healthy type of fat, avocados are still very high in fat and not considered a low fat food.
Date published: 2019-05-21