Gluten-free Yeast Bread
The buttermilk in this recipe helps to keep the bread wonderfully light. Enjoy this gluten-free bread warm with your favourite spread, or use for toast.
- 240 ml (1 cup) reduced fat buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 active dry yeast
- 300 g (3 cups) rice flour
- 3 g (1 teaspoon) salt, optional
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
- nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- Combine buttermilk, brown sugar and yeast in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 minutes or until frothy and foamy.
- Place rice flour and salt into the Vitamix Container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 1 minute.
- Once machine is turned off, remove the lid and allow rice flour to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Place eggs, oil, buttermilk mixture and half the rice flour into the Vitamix Container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4. Process until all ingredients are moistened, using the tamper to press ingredients into the blades if needed.
- While the machine is running, remove the lid plug and add remaining flour through the lid plug opening. Blend until well combined.
- Spray a 21-cm x 11-cm loaf pan with oil spray and line with baking paper.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap, and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 180°C (355°F) for 35 minutes.
- Allow bread to cool for 5 minutes before inverting bread onto a cooling rack.
- Cool bread for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
|Amount Per Servings|
Gluten-free Yeast Bread is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chrannleo from Gluten Free What part of spraying a trivial amount of Pam has gluten? . . . This recipe is fine.
Date published: 2017-12-09
Rated 1 out of 5 by LindaSelina from Confused Reading the recipe it says put rice flour and salt into vitamix and slowly turn it on get it up to setting 10 then allow to cool for two mins. Then you add eggs and milk THEN ADD half of the flour pour it in through the plug on the lid....
Date published: 2020-02-17
Rated 1 out of 5 by SRdB from I have not yet tried this .... I have not yet tried this .... but I am reading the reviews. Vitamix, do better for the Celiac community, we exist and it is not a fad diet.
Date published: 2020-02-23
Rated 1 out of 5 by K777 from Not gluten-free Non-stick cooking spray is not gluten-free. Makes me wonder who's inventing these recipes.
Date published: 2017-11-26
Rated 3 out of 5 by Lhenry from How much yeast? Want to try this recipe but not sure how much "1 yeast'" is ? Thanks!
Date published: 2020-04-18